woensdag 13 maart 2013

Mailed my art


Finished and on it's way to the United Kingdom... my contribution to the 3rd edition of 'Mail me art'. 
A project organized by Darren Di Lieto and his Little Chimp Society.You can read all about it here.

I made stencils and then used sponges and ink to transfer my picture on paper. Yes, yes, it was a great big mess. You may notice that the design can be used in repeat. I'm getting addicted to making 'pattern pictures'.

My inspiration... doesn't every mail - the real thing - lover thinks a mailman is kind of a superman? He's always my hero when he brings me that card, letter, package,... I've long been waiting for.

I'm now looking forward to the book and the exhibition. The book will feature the work of the 200 selected artist that made a contribution. All profits go to charity. The exhibition is at The Farmers Gallery in London from 30th July - 3rd August. More on that on the MMA website.

I guess it's time to clean up that mess now. Or... make some more!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten